Erik Killmonger (formerly N'Jadaka)
Erik Killmonger's first appearance was in Jungle Action #6, during the Panther's Rage story. Since then, he has popped up in a total of five stories and has become T'challa's most notable adversary... so notable he is going to be the villain in the Black Panther movie.
Killmonger's claim to fame is that "T'challa can't beat him." Whether that is true or not... you will have to check out the fights and make up your own mind,
Killmonger's powers are the typical enhanced human set of abilities: increased strength, speed, healing, reactions, ect. These powers are from an unknown source that still hasn't been explained. He is also an expert in martial arts. These abilities are typically on the level of T'challa, if not slightly higher. He is also smart (PhD from MIT) and has the ability to rally people to his cause.
One of his other notable features is that he just simply will not stay dead.
Current Comic Status: Dead
Round 1: Panther's Rage
- The first appearance of Killmonger, who is leading a coup against T'challa.
Round 2: Iron Man Annual #5
- Killmonger's re-animated corpse returns to lead Wakanda after T'challa's "death."
Round 3: Over the Edge #6
- Killmonger returns from the dead once more to team up with Klaw to kill T'challa. T'challa is helped by Daredevil.
Round 4: Killmonger's Reign (Priest)
- Killmonger is back from the dead once again, resulting in a Tribal Challenge with T'challa for the Black Panther title.
Round 5: Back to Africa (Hudlin)
- Killmonger is back... again! He has set up in Niganda (with the help of super smart monkey) to lead a revolution against Wakanda.