Monday, May 29, 2017

Black Panther #14 Thoughts and Spoilers...



- It was good to see Queen Divine Justice again! And even better she is going by something other than that god awful name. I am actually a little stunned there wasn't an editors note explaining who that was as I do not believe she has gone by Asira before. Come on editors, help the new kids out.

They kept QDJ's sass but made it more grown up which was a nice touch.

If you want to grow the mythos, you have to use already established supporting cast to force the issue home. One of the reasons I wanted Taku to come back instead of this new guy Hodari who is essentially doing Taku's job. Use what is already there instead of inventing new characters for no reason.

Plus, Asira has a much different personality than all the super serious Wakandan supporting cast and her sass and humor is much needed.

Not really sure where her Stane and company plot is going as it looks like nanites are being used again?

- And speaking of returning supporting cast, I think the last person I ever expected to be brought back in the fold would be Zawavari. And for him to survive the incursions? This story took a very interesting turn in this regard. And now he is going to be a side kick tag-along? Fun times ahead.



- Best part of the issue was the meeting with the previous Panthers. Not only was it nice just to see more of them with their own names and such (including another woman Panther) but it was also nice to see T'challa have some base in his voice while around them. Too often he felt "beneath" all of them during previous interactions. In this issue, HE felt like the King.

- I need more Mamadou in my life. I want to see T'challa and Mamadou spar.



- The mystical spear becoming part of T'challa arsenal is a potential nice touch.

- The art was extremely uneven. It looked great in some parts, like with the meeting with the previous Panthers. And then god awful in other parts. Like it was being rushed. The art needs to even out or people are going to leave in droves.



- All in all, this issue continues the much more solid Season 2. The mystical angle, throw back characters... it reads more like the Black Panther comic I want to read. It just really needs to get more even art and hopefully Coates doesn't fall into the exposition trap of season 1. Action is always appreciated!


Should You Read It?

- Yes. Especially if you liked #13. This is two issues in a row that I liked from Coates.

2 comments:

  1. My heart was falling apart, my emotions were dying slowly, i was gradually losing my beauty, All because the man i got married to 4 years back was no longer the same man again, he started going out with women , drinking in all the bar, all he do say was we getting a divorce ASAP that i look old to him , i cried my life , i apologize to him to forgive me if i had done any wrong to him yet all he was saying was his done with me and he has found a new woman for his self not until i came across a post online on how people were talking about a love doctor who has helped so many people to get there lovers back so i made no hesitation to contact him via his WhatsApp ( +2348100368288 ) and also wrote a mail for him on his Email: ( priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com ) before i finished explaining my problems to him he already told me all about my life , i was very surprised and he told me what to do in the process for the love spell and in less than 48 hours everything was ready , he sent me a package and i did as he said so at night i was on my bed sleeping when i saw my husband kneeling down at my front begging for me to forgive him, i thought it was a dream till today, i am so grateful to you PRIEST AZIBA, please anyone going through sure problem should contact PRIEST AZIBA for your solution before it become too late for you. DR Email: priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com DR WHATSAPP: +2348100368288 we still have Angels on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete