Saturday, June 10, 2017

Black Panther Teaser Trailer Thoughts...





- What a time to be alive! This trailer definitely teased so many different elements without giving anything away at all. And hell, the main characters didn't even speak!

- Let's get the superficial stuff out of the way from the get go. Despite the CGI obviously not being completed, this movie simply looks beautiful. From the various costumes and costume designs of the Doras, Shuri, Black Panther, tribal elders, and to Wakanda itself... it is just awesome. I loved different looks of the different tribes. Very visually distinctive. And the soundtrack was just plain dope.

- The trailer was almost an introduction to Wakanda as much as it was an introduction to Black Panther. Neat to tie it to the legend of El Dorado and to use Klaw as the narrator.

- First thing that struck me was the iconic Black Panther in a tree pose followed by some goons getting absolutely obliterated. This is an MCU, peak human tradition... when they hit regular dudes, regular dudes go flying (see Captain America on the carrier for instance). Good to see the MCU continue to nail power levels. And Panther seems to have an extra dose of speed and agility as well.


- And, this Black Panther seems "basic" as hell, which I love. My favorite iterations of the character are See Wakanda and Die, Earth's Mightiest Heroe's, and MCU Civil War versions. These versions were defined by their ability to kick ass and take names with no fancy gadgets. This teaser showed a T'challa that relied on his strength, speed, agility, and fighting skills... not on energy gauntlets, camo, and other stupid "extra" stuff he doesn't need. Now we just need to see that strategic, brilliant brain of his....

- I do still have to warm up to MJB as Killmonger. Just not quite as... physical as I would imagine due to his height. The blades look cool as hell and I am lovin' the hair. Dude can act for sure, so when he gets to speak in any upcoming trailers, it should put my fears to rest.


- Didn't get a good look at many of the Doras, other than their costumes are dope and it seems they all use different weapons which is cool.

- Shuri looks GREAT. The tech thing... we will get to that at a later time lol. But I love the face markings and the tech gauntlet things could be cool. Panther Gauntlet Guns! What a time to be alive!!


- Zuri... well, that ain't muh Zuri, who is one of my favorite supporting characters ever (RIP). But, Forrest can act so I will roll with it.

- Klaw looks and sounds menacing.. a far cry from his comic book joke status. Apparently, he is getting his sonic arm via Wakandan mining equipment so that could be cool.

- Yo, is the tribal elder in green Achebe? Please say yes lol.

- And like we all expected, M'baku ain't dressed as a fucking monkey. And good lord, dude looked huge. It was interesting that M'baku and Killmonger were fighting... I assumed M'baku would be an early movie sub boss for T'challa to beat on but maybe not.



All in all... this teaser exceeded my expectations big time. Man, I wish this movie didn't get pushed back to February. DAMN YOU SPIDER-MAN 86!

1 comment:

  1. My heart was falling apart, my emotions were dying slowly, i was gradually losing my beauty, All because the man i got married to 4 years back was no longer the same man again, he started going out with women , drinking in all the bar, all he do say was we getting a divorce ASAP that i look old to him , i cried my life , i apologize to him to forgive me if i had done any wrong to him yet all he was saying was his done with me and he has found a new woman for his self not until i came across a post online on how people were talking about a love doctor who has helped so many people to get there lovers back so i made no hesitation to contact him via his WhatsApp ( +2348100368288 ) and also wrote a mail for him on his Email: ( priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com ) before i finished explaining my problems to him he already told me all about my life , i was very surprised and he told me what to do in the process for the love spell and in less than 48 hours everything was ready , he sent me a package and i did as he said so at night i was on my bed sleeping when i saw my husband kneeling down at my front begging for me to forgive him, i thought it was a dream till today, i am so grateful to you PRIEST AZIBA, please anyone going through sure problem should contact PRIEST AZIBA for your solution before it become too late for you. DR Email: priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com DR WHATSAPP: +2348100368288 we still have Angels on earth.

    ReplyDelete