Issue: Fantastic Four Annual, vol 1, #5
Writer: Stan Lee
General Black Panther Spoilers
- He is attacked by Medusa and then attacked by Karnak. He gives Karnak the business before stopping due to Black Bolt's presence.
- BP decides to help the Inhumans after he realize they share a common friend in the Human Torch.
- They fight the minions of Psycho-Man
- Psycho-Man creates a monster humanoid beast using the Mind Ray that is what "Panther fears most." It beats up Panther as it is faster, stronger and more agile.
- Eventually the Mind Ray machine is broken and this beast disappears. BP uses this opportunity to take out the Psycho-Man at the last second... only the costume is empty.
Importance to the Mythos
- First meeting between BP and the Inhuman Royals
- First time BP gave Karnak the business
- All I want to know is, where is Panther Island now? Doesn't T'challa still own it?
- Old comics are so bizarre with their team-ups. "Hey, we just randomly ran into each other on a island... Let's go punch bad guys!"
Should You Read It?
- Not mandatory, but a pretty significant guest appearance for T'challa. If you like old school comics, this would fit the bill.